Friday, February 15, 2013

Mrs. D

Early in December one of the ladies from our church passed away from cancer.  (She is the third from the left in the above picture from last February.) She was a very creative lady, who at 70, was busy restoring an old log barn and turning it into a retreat center, leading Bible studies, and being president of the local Christian Women's Connection (CWC).

Mrs. D's hands and her little Bible from one of the Sunday Evening Fellowship meetings.   

I saw this wedding picture on display at the funeral and had to take a picture of it.  
Isn't is sweet?  :)

I was her assistant for VBS the past two years, and often rode to the CWC meetings with her since I did the childcare.  Because she was sick and not in church for over a month, it somehow does not seem like she is really gone.  Sometimes I find myself thinking that she will be in church when we get there.  I miss her, but I know she is happy in the presence of the Lord she so loved.


No comments: