Monday, April 1, 2013

Resurrection Sunday

Yesterday after a lovely service, several families from church headed out to The Barn for Easter dinner! It was a fun afternoon!

 Our host, Mr. D.  (He and his wife restored the barn.)

Some of the guests...there were 14 in all. :)

Amy and Uncle T. looking at an old hymn book.

 Random fun picture taken by Ana!  Uncle T was concerned that since I am usually taking the pictures, I am never IN them...so this is proof that I was there, along with the picture below... ;)
(taken by Uncle T.)

Collection of pretty things on one of the cupboards in the barn.  Mrs D. was so good at decorating!

"Crown Him with many crowns, the Lamb upon His throne.
Hark! How the heavenly anthem drowns all music but its own.
Awake, my soul, and sing of Him who died for thee,
And hail Him as thy matchless King through all eternity."
- Matthew Bridges


2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

It looks like a delightful day of fellowship, and the old restored barn is a perfect place for a warm gathering of friends..it takes me back to a lovely cabin of my childhood memories :) The picture of you three sisters is particularly sweet.

Alyssa W. said...

It was a fun afternoon! We played games for a while and Mr. D told us stories of when he was in the military.
Thank you - I rather like that picture myself! ;)